Monday, November 3, 2008

Herb Roll Recipe

So I am getting together my recipes for Thanksgiving, (I buy all specials the next few weeks) So I make sure I have a list in my purse so when I go to the stores I can start grabbing the sales and making sure we have everything for Thanksgiving so I thought I would share with you some of the recipes I plan on making for this years Thanksgiving dinner MMMMmmmmmmm.first off is my favorite roll recipe I love this one and it is an easy roll to make and soo good to have with dinner, or like me to snack on yummy yummy I love bread. Hope you enjoy

Herb Potato Rolls

3 tablespoons potato flakes
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Pour the boiling water over the instant mashed potatoes and set
aside. Scald the milk with the oil and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Add The
1/2 cup very warm water and the teaspoon sugar to the yeast and set
aside. Add the potatoes to the milk mixture.

Seperate Bowl
Start adding the flour, then eggs, one at a time, beating with a
mixer or dough hooks.After you have added 2 eggs and 2 cups of flour
add

2 teaspoons Rosemary
2 1easpoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Dill Weed
1 teaspoon Thyme

Mix low with beater till blended it Should look like large crumbs then
Add yeast mixture and all but 1 cup of the remaining flour and salt.

Use the reserved 1 cup of flour for kneading. Knead the dough for
about 5 to 6 minutes minutes on a floured board.Kneading is important
with this roll It should absorb the 1 cup of flour (I Put the reserve
1 cup on a cutting board spread then lay the dough on it)

Place the dough in a large greased bowl, being sure to grease top of
dough also Just lightly. Cover dough with plastic wrap then with a
piece of foil.

Let rise once and make into rolls. I use approx 1.5 inch size balls
lay on lightly greased cookie sheet LEt rise again till double in
size (This point I just put a towel over to rise)

Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for about 8 to
10 minutes. These tend to cook fast you don't want these brown on top
just to that point of Starting to turn brown

Take out cool

Serve with butter or be like me and just eat them LOL

They store good in an airtight container, make sure completely cool
if storing

Enjoy!

No comments: